Tuesday, May 4, 2010

WE DID IT!


At Em's 15 month check-up, the doc weighed our little lady -- and she's not so little anymore!! YAY!! She is now 18.5 lbs, which puts her in the 5th percentile ON THE CHARTS!! So all our hard work, fatty foods and yogurts paid off! I guess the five pounds I put on was also for a good cause (Look, Em! Mommy's eating too! See? Now do what Mommy does!), and I'll try to remember that when I squeeze into my jeans.

All in all, our sweetie pie was a wonderful patient. She showed doc all of her tricks and gave lots of smiles. She's in the 3rd percentile for height and 10th for head circumference. In other words, our baby is still petite - and will probably always be just a sweet little thang. The only issue was that she had her first ear infection, compliments of a cold we both suffered.

Honestly, I am just shocked at how much Embree has matured in the past few weeks. It's INSANE! Physically, emotionally, verbally, developmentally - she's grown so much! I feel like I'm not giving this change justice by explaining it. I'm posting a video of her pretty much being the smartest 15 month old alive (says her unbiased mother). I mean seriously, can you tell?! She's practically a grown woman. Great - let me just cry myself to sleep now...

2 comments:

  1. too cute!!! she graduated from sink baths?? she is a lil smarty pants! can't wait to see her again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, that is so cute! I remember those days... but not very well. :( And apparently I still feel the need to show my kids how to eat cause I still can't fit into my jeans. :)

    ReplyDelete